We’re hiring: Communication & policy traineeship to start in September for 6 months
Based in the heart of Brussels, close to the EU-institutions, FEAD offers you the opportunity to work with a European trade association representing the private waste management industry. As a team member of FEAD, you will be in the frontline of our organisation, taking care of day-to-day communications to enhance our visibility and outreach, ensuring that FEAD’s policy proposals and campaign messages reach the right eyes and ears to make a difference. You will also assist FEAD in its day-to-day activities, attend meetings with members and EU policymakers, and research key EU policies.
The selected candidate will join a young, international, small, and dynamic team advocating for the European waste management sector.
- Manage all external-facing communications channels (website and social media)
- Draft and give support to publications, including press releases, newsletters, and social media posts
- Organise events, both online and in-person
- Offer advice on FEAD’s content and communication outreach and engagement strategy
- Show initiative and propose FEAD’s communications activities
- Conduct research and policy analysis to support and strengthen our advocacy on issues related to circular economy, legal and market issues, recycling, organic recovery, REACH, energy recovery, landfill, and hazardous waste
- Monitor the relevant EU institutions in areas such as Environment, Industry, Transport, Budget, and Trade
- Assist with the coordination of FEAD’s Committee meetings
- Assist the team with other ad hoc tasks and work closely in a supporting role
- Communication and/or policy background (European affairs or environmental sciences)
- Comfortable with networking, good social skills, and ability to read into intercultural settings
- Strong interest in environmental issues and waste management policies
- Experience in communications and/or working with the EU institutions and/or public authorities, good knowledge of the EU institutions and procedures are a strong plus
- Excellent English is a must; French or German is considered an asset, or any other language
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Fully computer literate and knowledge of graphic design would be a plus
- Ability to take initiative and adapt to a small and highly motivated team
The ideal candidate would be able to join FEAD in September, with interviews taking place on a rolling basis until the position has been filled. Due to the expected high number of applications, only short-listed candidates matching the above profile will be contacted for interviews. Our traineeships are remunerated in accordance with Belgian law (in addition to private hospital insurance, daily lunch vouchers, and public transport).
To apply, please send us your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state ‘Communications traineeship application’ in the subject line and indicate your name clearly on all attachments.