Junior Communications Officer
Based in the heart of Brussels, close to the EU-institutions, FEAD offers you the opportunity to work in a European trade association representing the private waste management industry. As a team member of FEAD, you will be in the frontline of our organisation, taking care of day-to-day communications to enhance our visibility and outreach, ensuring that FEAD’s policy proposals and campaign messages reach the right eyes and ears to make a difference. You will also assist FEAD in its day-to-day activities, attend meetings with members and EU policymakers, and research key EU policies.
- Manage all external-facing communications channels (especially website and social media)
- Draft and give support to publications, including press releases, newsletters, our digital magazine and social media posts
- Manage and support the organisation of events, both online and in-person
- Offer advice on FEAD’s content and communication outreach and engagement strategy
- Show initiative and propose FEAD’s communications activities
- Monitor the relevant EU institutions in areas such as environment, industry, transport, budget and trade
- Assist with the coordination of FEAD’s meetings
- Assist the team with other ad hoc tasks and work closely in a supporting role
- Educational background in communications
- At least 1 year of experience in a similar position for association or companies dealing with European affairs
- Experience in working with the EU institutions and/or public authorities, good knowledge of the EU institutions and procedures is a strong plus
- Excellent English is a must; any other EU language is considered an asset
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Organisational and coordination skills
- Fully computer literate and graphic design skills is required
- A team player, with ability to take initiative and adapt in a small and highly motivated team
- Reliability and punctuality
- Comfortable with networking, good social skills, and ability to read into intercultural settings
- Strong interest in environmental issues and waste management policies
We offer € 2800 gross p/m, 30 days annual holiday (not incl. public holidays), meal vouchers, private health insurance, pension plan, and a clear career path with professional growth. The selected candidate will join a young, international, small, and dynamic team advocating for the European waste management sector.
The ideal candidate would be able to join FEAD as soon as possible (July at the latest), with interviews taking place on a rolling basis until the position has been filled. Due to the expected high number of applications, only short-listed candidates matching the above profile will be contacted for interviews.
To apply, please send us your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state ‘Junior Communications Officer application’ in the subject line and indicate your name clearly on all attachments.