What will the German Presidency deliver on Circular Economy?
FEAD online event on the German Presidency of the Council of the European Union and its work on the circular economy
5 November 2020 at 10:00 – 11:30 CET
This webinar is a side event of the European Circular Economy Stakeholder Conference.
The event will focus on the on-going discussions under the German Presidency of the Council with regard to the New Circular Economy Action plan and the key measures that are needed to ensure the full achievement of EU ambitions.
It will discuss where we stand as to some main deliverables including measures to boost recycling markets, such as mandatory recycled contents and eco-design, and waste exports, Waste-to-Energy and landfilling. It will also address how the EU Recovery Plan renders waste management and the circular economy a key priority.
Speakers (revised list):
– Dr Christoph EPPING, Head of the Resource and Waste Department at the German Federal Ministry of the Environment, German Presidency, Berlin
– MEP Jan HUITEMA, Rapporteur on the new Circular Economy Action Plan, European Parliament – ENVI Committee (Renew Europe, Netherlands)
– MEP Sirpa PIETIKÄINEN, Shadow-Rapporteur on the new Circular Economy Action Plan, European Parliament – ENVI Committee (EPP, Finland)
– William NEALE, Adviser for Circular Economy, European Commission, DG ENV, Circular Economy and Green Growth
– Stéphane ARDITI, Policy Manager for Circular Economy, Products & Waste, European Environmental Bureau
– Peter KURTH, FEAD President
Moderation: Jacki DAVIS, Meade Davis Communications