Waste-to-Energy: an essential element for circularity
Monday 12 April 2021 at 16:00-18:00 CET
A FEAD online event on the key role of Waste-to-Energy for a more circular economy.
The event aims at showing that Waste-to-Energy is a crucial link in the whole waste management chain and that it is integral to the circular economy. It allows to move up waste treatments pursuant to the Waste Hierarchy, as a key enabler to more recycling and a no-regret option for safe treatment of non-recyclable waste. It saves CO2 emissions by substituting fossil fuel for residual waste to produce heat and electricity. Speakers from the EU institutions and Member States, experts from the waste management sector, and stakeholders will debate on why and how future EU regulations, in particular the Taxonomy, should have a positive approach to Waste-to-Energy. The discussion will gather views from different angles and will allow for a contradictory debate!
With the kind participation of:
- Mr Peter WESSMAN, Senior Legal Officer, European Commission DG Environment, Unit for Waste management and Secondary Materials
- Mr Peter KURTH, President of FEAD
- Mr Markus HAUCK, Member of the Managing Board / Chief Financial Officer, EEW Energy from Waste GmbH, Germany
- Ms Yoana YONCHEVA – FILYOVA, Chairwoman of the Bulgarian Recovery and Recycling Association, Bulgaria
- Mr Janek VÄHK, Climate, Energy and Air Pollution Coordinator, Zero Waste Europe
- Dr Christian SUHL, Lawyer, PricewaterhouseCoopers Legal Germany
- Ms Valérie PLAINEMAISON, Secretary-General of FEAD
- Moderation: Ms Jacki DAVIS, Meade Davis Communications