Munich, Room C62a
FEAD’s Biennial Conference at IFAT, Munich 2022
FEAD will be proudly celebrating its 40th anniversary during its Biennial Conference in a hybrid event dedicated to our holistic approach to waste management, from circular economy to climate change. The conference will take place on the 2nd of June 2022, from 10.00 – 12.00.
Venue: IFAT Munich, Room C62a
After the conference we will host a reception to celebrate FEAD’s 40th anniversary.
- Introduction & welcome by Peter Kurth, FEAD President
- Video message by Virginijus Sinkevičius, Commissioner for Environment
- Keynote speech by Mr. Nikolay Sidzhimov (Vice Minister in charge of waste management, Ministry of Environment and Water, Bulgaria)
- FEAD past president, Keith Bury
Block 1 – Markets, markets and markets: key conditions for success
How mandatory recycled content changes the game by creating a strong demand that will trigger investments. How can we ensure high-quality recyclates and strong and suitable monitoring and calculation methods. As secondary issues: waste shipments to irrigate the circular economy.
- CAObH (Mr. RNDr. Petr Kratochvil)
- BASF (Holger Kuhlmann)
- EU Commission (Helmut Maurer)
Block 2 – Innovation, green and digital economy go hand in hand in the waste management sector
- Presentation of 3 innovation projects by FEAD members + a short debate.
Why is waste management becoming a technology-based activity? What does it mean in terms of R&D, investments, economic and legal security? To which extent do innovation and digitalisation contribute to a performant waste management and the achievement of the EU Green Deal? Are there limitations?
- Suez “BioResourceLab” (Pablo Kroff)
- Remondis Innovation Hub (Johannes Schoen & Andreas von Kaenel)
- Prezero: wind turbine blades recycling (Elena Jimenez Coloma)
Moderated by Claudia Mensi, FEAD vice-President.
Block 3 – Waste management: a champion for avoided CO2 in the economy
- CO2 study, presentation and discussion
This study, commissioned by FEAD and others shows a significant potential for reducing the CO2 emissions thanks to waste management by 2035. What would be the conditions/limitations to reach this potential?
- Presentation of the CO2 study (Dr. Bärbel Birnstengel)
- DWMA (Andreas Krawcik)
- Plastics Recyclers Europe (Chaim Waibel)
- ITAD (Carsten Spohn)
- EU Commission (Helmut Maurer)
- Concluding remarks by Peter Kurth, FEAD President and Claudia Mensi, FEAD vice-President and incoming President.
Moderation: Valérie Plainemaison, FEAD Secretary-General.
Would you like to participate?
The registration is closed. But, if you are still interested in participating please send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you intend to participate to our conference in person you will need an entrance ticket to IFAT, which FEAD will issue you once you have completed the registration process.
If you would like to participate to our conference online, please use the “Register online” button below.
IFAT is the world’s leading trade fair for environmental technologies. It is a unique occasion to see all “green” industries, technologies, stakeholders and other actors. It gathers the environmental industries from all over the world, boasting a high international presence and an impressive number of exhibitors and visitors for presentations and innovation in the water, sewage, waste and raw materials sector. IFAT is the beating heart of innovative, green industries. As the world’s largest window for environmental technologies, IFAT also benefits from a high visibility and offers a European and worldwide media coverage. It reflects the present and the future of the green industries, as key allies for the EU Green Deal.
Key facts about IFAT 2018
exhibitors from 58 countries
visitors from 162 countries and regions
square meters exhibition space